The Franklin County Bar Association (FCBA) and the Franklin County Bar Association Advocates (FCBAA) seek applications for a new Executive Director.
Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for the daily operations, affairs and resources of two non-profit organizations: Franklin County Bar Association, Inc., a 501 (c)(6), and the Franklin County Bar Association Advocates, Inc., a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Salary is $40,000 with no benefits. The FCBAA and FCBA share office space and staffing.
The Executive Director of the FCBAA and FCBA manages the following programs:
· Contract with the Committee for Public Counsel to provide legal representation to criminally accused persons appearing before, and found indigent by, the justices of the district, superior and juvenile courts;
· Massachusetts Bar Foundation funded grant serving victims of domestic violence, elders and children;
· FCBA member services, including event coordination, fundraising, committee planning, communication;
· Lawyer Referral Service;
· Families in Transition Parent Education Program.
The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring that the officers and the boards of the FCBA and FCBAA are kept fully informed of the conditions and operations of all entities.
The Executive Director maintains positive relations with other legal-related entities, bar associations, court, government agencies, and vendors to promote the best interests of the FCBA and FCBAA.
The Executive Director formulates and recommends policies and programs including financial and budgeting programs consistent with sound fiscal management and the associations’ missions.
· Past experience with a professional or nonprofit organization or comparable experience
· Established record of administrative, management and financial supervisory experience
· Practical knowledge of program management, marketing, public relations
· Excellent leadership, communication and organization and management skills
· Demonstrated experience in multi-tasking and teamwork
· Computer literate (Word, Outlook, Access, Quickbooks, Excel, and knowledge of internet)
· Must be available for occasional evening work.
Please submit letter of interest and resume along with three references to email@example.com by Monday, December 12,2011.
The FCBAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.