The commission has jurisdiction over:
1) the statutory and constitutional qualifications of any nominee for state, national or county office;
2) the certificates of nomination or nomination papers filed in any presidential or state primary, state election, or special state primary or election;
3) the withdrawal of nomination for any state, county, or federal office after the time to do so has expired or any ineffective withdrawal;
4) the filing of nomination papers under a false name, or fictitious nominees;
5) the fraudulent or forged signing of statewide initiative or referendum petitions, or any other objection relating to the signatures on such petitions.
As a member of the State Ballot Law Commission, Mass a former four-term Greenfield Town Councilor and Republican State Committeeman for the Hampshire and Franklin District who served on the 2008 Republican National Convention Platform Committee will be ineligible to be a candidate for public office during his two year term.